Bowral’s leading pre and post-natal treatment experts
Elite Spinal Physiotherapy is a boutique back pain treatment clinic
Elite Spinal Physiotherapy is a premier pre and post-natal physiotherapy clinic located in the heart of Bowral. Our certified practitioners have a special interest in women’s health, with tailored pregnancy physiotherapy and Pilates sessions available. We provide a targeted, hands-on approach to treatment and the ongoing management for pregnancy related back and pelvic pain. We also treat women postpartum who are dealing with Diastasis Rectus Abdominis (abdominal wall separation), pelvic floor and incontinence issues, providing non-invasive treatment in a private and relaxed environment.
Conditions We Treat
Treatment will vary according to your individual presentation and cause of pregnancy pain, however will most likely involve some hands on treatment followed by a tailored exercise program. Our main point of difference is we are a spine focused clinic, so we are very experienced and provide best-in-class treatment to improve the speed of your recovery. We work closely with a great team of local Neurosurgeons, Sports Physicians, Pain experts, Psychologists and Radiology clinics, so you have the very best team on your side to help you achieve the best possible outcome.
Pregnancy related low back pain is a common complaint that occurs in 60-70% of pregnancies and can begin at any point during pregnancy. Although most cases are mild, approximately one third of women experience severe pain.
Common Symptoms of Pregnancy Related Back & Pelvic Pain
- Pain radiating into hip or groin
- Sharp, burning pain or dull ache
- Tingling or numbness of lower extremities
- Pain in pubic bone, tailbone or buttock region
- Pain aggravated by sitting, standing or walking
- Pain that radiates around the ribcage
Causes of Pregnancy Related Back & Pelvic Pain
- Changing physique during pregnancy
- Pressure on pelvic floor muscles
- Spine posture changes
- Pregnancy related hormonal changes including and increase in oestrogen and relaxin
- Leg length discrepancies which can lead to shearing forces through pubic synthesis and SIJ
- Postural changes
- Increased pressure on pelvic floor muscles
- Position of baby in later stages of pregnancy
Book an Appointment
If you are looking for Expert Physiotherapy Treatment or Physio Group Exercise classes, please make a booking or call us on 0293873310.
On the spot rebates for Medicare and Private Health Insurance are available*
Need to get in touch? Make an Enquiry